Hey doll hey!! How’s your day/night going? Great I hope.
I’ve been nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award by an awesome lifestyle, beauty, and fashion blogger called Isabelle of Outfit of the Day Blog. She is witty and very fashionable … she does these really cute outfit of the day posts that I simply can’t get enough of.
I feel very honored to be nominated for this award and want to offer a thank you to Isabelle for thinking of me.
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you in the post and link to their blog
2. Answer the 11 questions asked of you
3. List the rules and include the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post
4. Write a new list of 11 questions for your nominees
5. Nominate 11 bloggers for the Sunshine Blogger Award
The 11 questions I’m to answer :
1. What’s your favorite food?
This one is a hard one for me… I’m a huge foodie so I love heaps of things … but if I had to whittle it down to 2 things I would have to say gnocchi and chicken bastilla.
2. What type of cuisine do you like the most?
Again super hard to chose since I’m a natural foodie at heart but I would have to say, if I had to choose it would be a toss up between Italian and Moroccan cuisine are my most favorite …
3. Which is your favorite season?
Spring is my favorite season. I live in Florida and the Summers here are brutally hot and I can’t handle the cold weather because I have Fibromyalgia and it gets exacerbated by cold weather. The Spring in Florida is sublime, just the right temperature and it’s not the rainy season so that’s a plus.
4. What are your daily activities?
I start my day by double cleansing my face (if I haven’t had a shower the night before, which I prefer to showering in the morning since it helps my muscles relax more, then I will do my first face cleanse and complete my second face cleanse in the shower)
I then apply all of my skin care products and whilst they are settling in to the skin I make breakfast for my mother and start to prep dinner for the day.
I then sit down at my makeup vanity and go through Instagram for inspiration for my next makeup look of the day.
Once my makeup is finished I will take the pictures for my blog post and walk out to check the mail and sit down and have a cup of coffee (decaf of course since caffeine triggers my restless leg syndrome).
When that’s done I will normally sit down and do my daily blog post.
I take an hour of devotional time with my Lord and Savior
I then of course check out the newest blog posts of my favorite bloggers and I give myself 1 hour to read whatever book I am currently reading. While I’m reading I will normally will do the laundry. I sometime will work on some sewing projects or knitting projects if I have any going at the time.
* Before the lock-down I would maybe go to one of my favorite makeup stores or the local fabric shop to get some things *
By then it’s time to get dinner started and so I will prep dinner and whilst that is cooking I will do some light exercise … normally I work out on my Elliptical machine. I can’t do it for too long because it takes a lot out of me since I have Fibromyalgia .
After feeding my mother (and husband if he is home early from work) I will check out my social medias (Facebook, Instagram, twitter, and TikTok) and then I will settle in and watch some Netflix.
Depending on what time my hubby is working till I will spend some time talking about his day (I don’t have much of a day because I’m a stay at home wife and caregiver for my mother, and I am disabled because of my Fibromyalgia and RA).
By this time it’s normally time for bed so I will do my first face cleanse and then hop in the shower and do my second face cleanse and my hair treatments as well as wash up.
I then do my my night time skin routine and settle in to first give thanks to my Lord and Savior for the day and then I read from my book for a little while until I get sleepy and I might even watch a few more TikTok videos ….
My life is pretty mundane because I can’t really do much with me illnesses
5. What are the 5 things you can’t live without?
Time spent with God, Hearing my hubby say he’s proud of my for trying something new, being able to read a good book, my morning coffee, and spending time with loved ones.
6. Do you have a favorite person, who is it?
I try not to love 1 person more than another so I don’t have a favorite person in my real life (well outside of my husband of course)
7. What series do you binge watch on Netflix?
Currently I am binge watching Forensic Files and Money Heist. I hop around from show to show a lot because I love movies and shows.
8. What do you love the most about blogging?
The ability to share my passion for makeup and my illness and the response from people who read my blog… getting to meet some many new amazing bloggers who give me feed back on my work and getting to see how other bloggers flourish and getting to just shade my truth with as many people that care to stop by and take a look.
9. Which topics are your favorite ones to write about?
My struggle with Fibromyalgia, Ways to help my fellow spoonies cope with this illness, and Makeup of course.
10. What effect does the corona virus have on your life?
Honestly my life hasn’t changed that drastically. With my illness I tend to stay close to home as much as possible to make it easier for me to manage my symptoms.
It has impacted our finances, as I’m sure it has for many people. I don’t impulse buy makeup anymore … I schedule my purchases on a monthly bases and when I see something extra I use to be able to just purchase it , now I’m more careful and only purchase enough to produce some new content for my blog. I do feel a bit panicky when I go outside now, since I’m auto-immune I have to be super careful to minimize my chances to contract this virus … so I get scared going out, where I use to get excited to leave the house. I worry for our world and those who are sick more … I feel saddened that so many have lost their lives and so many more are suffering without anyone to care for them…. In short … It has cause my anxiety disorder to work overtime.
11. What do you miss the most during these corona times?
I miss having the ability to interact freely with people …. now a days it’s hard to have a conversation with someone else because of social distancing. I miss being able to visit friends. I miss shopping frivolously for beauty products and my crafts.
I nominate the following 8 fellow bloggers: I’ve nominated these individuals because they are simply put amazing! They create amazing content and keep me coming back for more week and week….
1. Bonnie from Queen of the Girl Geeks because I love her Bath and Body Works hauls and her who could ever resist a geek when you yourself are also a fellow geek?
2. Mimi from Blushy Darling because I simply love her content! I truly do … she does really good Makeup Mondays.
3. Deidre from Retro Dee simply because she is freaking amazing and endearingly quirky.
4. Joanne from Find Away By JWP because she has got amazing taste! I just love her outfit of the day and get the look posts
5. Vivian from V Beauty Talk because she is my go to for all things K beauty.
6. Orentenimi from Orente Cares because she is classy and stylish and her makeup looks are seriously on point. She has amazing advise and hacks … I look forward to each post she puts out.
7. Diane from In Diane’s Kitchen because her blog posts speak to my foodie sole! She puts out such yummy posts and let me tell you they have single-handedly kept me sane during this lock-down … I have tried many of her posts out for myself.
8. Ernestine from Time With Ernie because she has amazing content. She has a few blog posts on I believe it’s emotional intelligence that is outstanding. She’s just a lovely person.
Now it’s time for my 11 questions:
1. What is your all time favorite movie and why?
2. What made you decide to start a blog and how have you grown because of starting it?
3. If you could have a 5 course gourmet meal with anyone in the world, past or present who would it be and why?
4. Have you learned anything new or tried something new during this Corona Lock-down? If so what?
5. What is your spirit song? What I mean is … what 1 song when you hear it helps you fight your way through the day and why? (for instance : I have 2 Mine are: Broken and Beautiful by Kelly Clarkson- because it reminds me that with my fight with Fibromyalgia I don’t need anyone to fix me, I’ve got this all by myself …. I can get through it and I will not back down on that…. And my second one is Fight Song by Rachel Platten – because when I feel like I just can’t deal with the pain and the exhaustion, and isolation of this illness, when I’m close to my breaking point… I play this song and it reminds me that I am stronger than I even know I am and it makes me dig deeper inside and pull myself up out of the pit that I’m in.)
6. What is your favorite sweet?
7. If you could have 1 wish to change any 1 thing that has happened in the world what would it be and why?
8. What’s your favorite holiday?
9. What’s your favorite animal?
10. If you could go back in time and give your younger self 1 piece of advise what would it be?
11. What’s the first thing you will do for yourself when this Corona virus lock-down is over?
Well dolls that’s all from me … Once again I would like to thank Isabelle for the nomination.
I hope you all have a great rest of your day/night and that you are in great spirits and health.
Remember dolls … Save a spoon for a bit of lipstick.