Hey doll hey!!! How’s your day/night going? Great I hope. Mine was OK but now I feel heap of pain… I’ll be going to be soon and hopefully I can have a good night sleep.
Today I’m posting another Puerto Rican recipe….. Carne Guisada…. So let’s get started…
* NOTE: I typically use 2 pounds beef chuck (cubed) for this dish, however they were out at our market the past few times I’ve made this dish so I have been using 2 pounds beef bottom round (sliced like for fajitas) that I cut down into bite sized pieces. I also ran out of peppers and beer so I didn’t not include it in tonight’s supper*
This recipe makes 6 servings.
YOU WILL NEED:
- 1 packet of sazon
- 1/2 Tablespoon Cumin
- 1 Tablespoon Tomato with Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- 2 Tablespoons of Adobo
- 3 bay leaves (or 1 teaspoon of ground bay leaf)
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon onion powder
- 1 Tablespoon Beef Bouillon
Mise en place:
- 2 pounds beef chuck or beef bottom round: sliced into bite sized pieces
- 2 medium sized potatoes: diced into bite sized pieces
- 1 medium green bell pepper: diced into same sized pieces as potatoes
- 1 medium red bell pepper: diced into same sized pieces as potatoes
- 1 medium onion: diced
- 1, 8 ounce can of tomato sauce
- 2 Tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/2 Cup Sofrito (I have a recipe for homemade Sofrito)
- 2 Tablespoons Vinegar
- 1 1/2 Cups of water (for a more robust flavor I use 1 1/2 Cups of Lager Beer instead)
- Put 2 tablespoons of olive oil into a pot and add the beef, brown in batches for 5 minutes or until the beef is golden. Once all beef is browned remove the beef and set aside …. retain the oil.
- to the oil now add the sofrito and cook in the oil for 1 minute
- add all the seasonings and tomato sauce to the sofrito
- add the browned beef, potatoes, peppers, and potatoes to the pot
- simmer on medium low for 10 minutes and then add the water and vinegar
- cover and simmer for 30 minutes (stirring occasionally)
- turn heat off and rest for 5 minutes.
- serve over white rice
Well dolls… That’s all for now. I hope you enjoy the rest of your day/night and that you are in great spirits and health.
Remember …. Save a spoon for a bit of lipstick.