Hey doll hey!!! How’s your day/night going? Great I hope. I’m doing good today. My Bi-polar is giving me a bit of trouble today…. feeling isolated and alone and feeling bitter at my situation …. but I have the tools I need to get through this little speed bump and I will be A-O-K! Plus I have Jesus on my side so I will get through this dark storm.
I know it’s like 90 something today here in Florida but I was watching John Carpenter’s Halloween and that got me in the mood for Fall so I decided I was going to do a fall inspired look today.
For today’s look I used my Too Faced Peanut Butter and Jelly Palette (was limited edition and no long available… however if you have the Semi Sweet Chocolate Bar Palette you could get a similar look, I’ll talk you through how in Final Thoughts) from my shop my stash box.
Today’s scent is Liz Claiborne Realities. The scent notes are:
- Top Notes: Chamomile, Osmanthus (a.k.a. Devil Wood), Sage, Peony and Bergamont
- Middle Notes: Bulgarian Rose, Carnation, Freesia, Jasmine, Gardenia, Violet, Orchid and Lily
- Base Notes: Sandalwood, Musk, Amber, Peach, Ginger, and Vanilla
Time to go into the walk through for today’s Face of the Day …..
I primed my face using HourGlass Veil Mineral Primer ($54 at Sephora). I used a touch of the Physicians Formula Spotlight Illuminating Primer ($15.99 on their website) on the high points of my face and I used the Tarte Timeless Smoothing Primer ($39 at Ulta) on my pores. I contoured my face using the Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Contour Wand ($38 at Sephora) in the shade Medium/Deep. For foundation today I used Giorgio Armani Power Fabric Longwear High Cover Foundation ($64 at Sephora) in the shade #5.5 (medium skin with neutral undertone) this shade is just a bit too deep for my skin tone now so I added in a bit of white foundation adjuster to get my perfect shade, I do love this foundation so once I’ve used it up I think I will try it in the shade #3.5 (fair skin with neutral undertone). I bronzed my face using Chanel Soleil Tan De Chanel (discontinued) in the shade Universal Tan. I color corrected my under eyes using BECCA Under Eye Brightening Corrector ($32 at Ulta) in the shade Light to Medium. For concealer I used the Balm Time Balm Concealer ($18 on their website) in the shade Light/Medium. I highlighted the high points of my face using Believe Beauty All Over Glow in the shade Forbidden Kiss. I set my under eyes using the Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder ($28 at Ulta and Sephora). I set the rest of my face using Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder ($39 at Ulta and Sephora) in the shade Translucent (I ran out of the loose powder from my shop my stash box … the ELF Halo Glow Setting Powder ($8 on their website) in the color Light …. and do plan to repurchase it but for now I’m on a no buy and will be just swapping in a one of my other loose powders as I go along this No Buy/Shop My Stash journey). I touched up the bronzer using BECCA Sunlit Bronzer ($38 at Sephora) in the shade Ipanema Sun (medium auburn-brown). For touch ups I am using ELF Beautifully Bare Finishing Powder ($6 at Ulta) in the shade Fair/Light.
I set my brows using Believe Beauty Eyebrow Styling Gel ($4 only at Dollar General Stores) in clear and then filled in my bows using Milani Stay Put Brow Color ($8.49) in the shade Dark Brown. I carved out my brows and primed my lids using P Louise Base ($13.07 on their website or at Morphe’s website ) in the shade Rumour. For today’s eye look I used the Too Faced Peanut Butter and Jelly Palette (was limited edition and no long available). I started by setting my brow line with the shade Extra Creamy (pale creamy beige – matte). As my transition I used a combo of the shades Extra Creamy (pale creamy beige – matte) and Peanut Butter (mid-toned orange brown – matte). For my crease shade and the outer 1/3 of the mobile lid I used the shade Nuts About U (mid-toned red based brown – matte). For the middle 1/3 of my mobile lids I used the shade Peanut Brittle (burnt orange – metallic). For the inner 1/3 of the mobile lids I used the shade Bananas (soft peachy gold – metallic). I also used this shade around the tear ducts of the eyes as well. For my lower lash line I created a drop shade with more of the shade Peanut Butter (mid-toned orange brown – matte) and then added depth to the lash lines using more of the shade Nuts About U (mid-toned red based brown – matte). I tight lined my upper and lower waterlines using the Sephora 12hr Colorful Contour Eyeliner ($11 at Sephora)in the shade #14 Cocoa (chocolate brown) and then I coated my upper and lower lashes in Physicians Formula Eye Booster Lash Contortionist Mascara ($6.98 on Amazon) and popped on a pair of Kiss Couture Faux Mink Lashes ($5.99 on their website) in the style Boudoir.
Cheeks and Lips:
For my cheeks today I chose NYX Bare With Me Cannabis Sativa Seed Oil Jelly Cheek Tint ($10 at Ulta) in the shade Coral Dream (bright coral). I set that lightly using Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-HR Blush ($29 at Ulta) in the shade Captivating (bright peach). To touch up my highlighter I used BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed Highlighter ($38 at Sephora) in the shade Champagne Pop (soft gold with pinky-peach pearl). I lined and filled in my lips using ColourPop Lippie Pencil ($6 on their website) in the shade Frenchie (bright warm red) and topped my lips with ColourPop Lippie Stix ($7 on their website) in the shade Trust Me (vivid true red – matte).
You can get a similar look using the Too Faced Semi-Sweet Chocolate Bar Palette (discontinued but can still be found on Amazon). Here’s how to get the look:
- Brow Bone: Use the shade: Coconut Creme (light creamy yellow toned beige – matte).
- Transition Shade: Combine the shades: Coconut Creme (light creamy yellow toned beige – matte) with Peanut Butter (mid-toned orange brown – matte).
- Crease and Outer 1/3 of the Mobile Lid: This is where it will vary just a tad … You will combine the shades: Peanut Butter (mid-toned orange brown – matte) and Truffled (mid-toned yellowish brown – matte) and then add just a hint of the shade Caramel (golden copper – metallic) …. this will give you a similar color to the shade Nuts About U from the PB&J palette but because of that metallic finish in the shade Caramel it will look more satin than flat matte.
- Middle 1/3 of the Mobile Lid: Combine the shades: Caramel (golden copper – metallic) and Bon-Bon (copper with a touch of mid-toned brown – metallic).
- Inner 1/3 of the Mobile Lid: Combine the shades: a touch of the shade Caramel (golden copper – metallic) and Butter Pecan (light gold with an orange/peach undertone – metallic).
- Lower Lash Line: Use the shade: Peanut Butter (mid-toned orange brown – matte)
- Depth Closest to the Lash Line: Combine the shades: Truffled (mid-toned yellowish brown – matte) and then add just a hint of the shade Caramel (golden copper – metallic).
- Tear Duct: Use the shade: Butter Pecan (light gold with an orange/peach undertone – metallic).
Now just tight line your upper and lower waterlines with a chocolate colored eyeliner and you are good to go.
Well that’s all for now dolls. I hope you enjoy the rest of your day/night and that you are in great spirits and health.