Hey doll hey! How’s your day/night going? Great I hope. Today I am having a moderately high pain day so I decided to make pasta for dinner since it’s super easy to make. The dilemma I always have when I make pasta is that my mom does not like red sauces because they upset her tummy. I have already made Alfredo and Bechamel sauces this month so I decided to try my hand a creating my own spin on white sauces …. with an ingredient that you may have never used in cooking before…. but I use all the time to give a richness to my cooking …. Coffee Creamer …. YUP you read that right …. Coffee Creamer …. I find that heavy cream can be a little too rich and 1 day I was out of it and only had coffee creamer on hand so I substituted the heavy cream for the creamer and found that I love it so much in cooking meals from scratch.
I truly love cooking for my husband and mother … It makes me feel happy to see their bellies full with a meal I prepared for them. Most of the time they love my inventions in the kitchen … all though there have been a hand full of times we needed to get Take Away because my invention didn’t turn out very good … but you never know what will work in the kitchen until you try it out … so I always say …. Get in there, get your hands dirty, and create a masterpiece!
Well … Let’s dive into my recipe for a Quick and Simple Garlic Cream Sauce ….
1 1/2 cups of Milk (should be full fat or you can sub it out for a meaty milk substitute like oat milk .
2 cups Coffee-Mate original creamer (you can sub it out for heavy cream just use 1/2 cup less but trust me the creamer is perfect for this sauce).
1/2 cup to 1 cup of margarine (I used 1 cup but we like that buttery taste paired with garlic…. 1/2 a cup is plenty of fat for this recipe)
5 Tablespoons Onion Powder
About a palm sized amount of dried Basil (fresh would be amazing in this sauce however I didn’t have any on hand)
Salt to taste (I used about a small palm full of salt for this sauce)
1 hefty palm full of dried Italian seasoning
1/2 a palm sized amount of powdered beef bouillon
2 1/2 palm fulls of garlic powder (adjust to taste … I ended up putting more in once the sauce was done because we love a thick garlic taste)
2 full cans of red kidney beans (drained and rinsed off).
- Combine the Milk, Butter/Margarine, and Coffee Creamer/Heavy Cream in a sauce pan over medium heat uncovered for 2 minutes or until soft foamy bubbles start to appear)
- Add all the seasonings to the sauce pan stirring to combine thoroughly.
- Return the sauce pan to heat and reduce the sauce by 1/3.
- Once the sauce has reduced by 1/3 take 2/3 cup of the sauce and combine with the kidney beans in a blender or nutribullet and blend until combined.
- Add the bean and sauce mix to the sauce pan, return to the heat and whisk for 2 minutes.
- Add 1/2 of the sauce to your pasta and reserve the other 1/2 to drizzle over the top of the plated pasta …
Well there’s my full recipe I hope if you should choose to try it that you love it as much as my family did.
That’s all for now dolls. I hope you enjoy the rest of your day/night and that you are in great spirits and health.