Hey doll hey! How’s your day/night going? Great I hope. I’ve been having a really bad time with my Fibromyalgia. I had to have a stomach biopsy a few weeks ago and had to stop talking all of my meds for a week. Naturally this put me into a flare but the bad thing is I flared for 17 days straight.
It’s been tough on me. My anxiety and panic disorders went into hyperdrive. My depression went deep. I was bored and lonely. I was able to bake a bit but I wasn’t really able to take care of my home and family. I had to get assistance to shower and brush my hair. On days when I was able to sit up a bit I had to do my makeup from bed. It just wasn’t a good time period for me.
I do have some pictures to share with you from my baking adventures and a small candle haul.
I ordered (12) 2 and 3 wick soy candles from Goose Creek Candles. They were having a 50% off sale so I got 300 worth of candles for $150. Goose Creek is a small business stationed in Liberty Kentucky and was established in 1998. Their candles are 100% made in the U.S.A., International Fragrance Association approved for safety, have 100% lead free cotton wicks, and soy based wax.
The first two I received in the mail were…
Marshmallow Macron a purple colored 2 wick candle with the scent notes of:
- Top Notes: Candied Blueberry and Crystal Sugar
- Middle Notes: Raspberry and Soft Lemon
- Base Notes; Meringue and Fluffy Marshmallow
Stroopwafles a light pink colored 2 wick candle with the scent notes of:
- Top Notes: Crisp Waffle, Hazelnut and Chocolate Shavings
- Middle Notes: Creamy Caramel and Buttery Dough
- Base Notes: Sugared Vanilla and Warm Honey
9 of the 12 candles I ordered… the scents I ordered are…
Tabacco a white colored 2 wick candle with the scent notes of:
- Top Notes: Tobacco Leaves, Amber and Vanilla
- Middle Notes: Cedarwood, Patchouli and Sandalwood
- Base Notes: Amber, Musk and Woods
Teakwood a white colored 2 wick candle with the scent notes of:
- Top Notes: Lemon and Bergamot
- Middle Notes: Cardamom, Jasmine and Rosemary
- Base Notes: Mahogany, Driftwood, Rosewood and Oakmoss
Cotton a white colored 2 wick candle with the scent notes of:
- Top Notes: Zesty Mandarin and Eucalyptus Leaf
- Middle Notes: Jasmine Petals, Fresh Cotton and Violet
- Base Notes: White Patchouli, Amber and Warm Woods
Welcome Home a silvery grey colored 3 wick candle with the scent notes of:
- Top Notes: Welcoming Amber and Vanilla Woods
- Middle Notes: Bergamot and Creamy Peach
- Base Notes: Vanilla Orchid and Light Mocha Cream
Strawberry Pound Cake a berry colored 3 wick candle with the scent notes of:
- Top Notes: Dense Strawberry Cake and Vanilla
- Middle Notes: Sugary Icing and Mixed Berries
- Base Notes: Vanilla Bean Sugar
Dark Cherry Merlot a deep purple colored 3 wick candle with the scent notes of:
- Top Notes: Cherry Merlot and Black Cherry
- Middle Notes: Dark Cherry and Wild Berries
- Base Notes: Soft aged Oak and Sweet Sugar
Half Moon Bay a coral colored 3 wick candle with the scent notes of:
- Top Notes: Tropical Fruits and Soft Citrus
- Middle Notes: Sea Spray and Island Vanilla
- Base Notes: Gentle Woods and Soft Musk
My First Autumn a bright pink colored 3 wick candle with the scent notes of:
- Top Notes: Sparkling Citrus, Orchard Peach and Fall Berries
- Middle Notes: Rome Apple Peel and Gilded Leaves
- Base Notes: Sandalwood, Vanilla Bean and Cedarwood
Warm Crunchy Cone a creamy tan colored 3 wick candle with the scent notes of:
- Top Notes: Waffle Cone and Vanilla
- Middle Notes: Whipped Butter and Caramel
- Base Notes: Soft Cinnamon and Warm Spices
Sadly there was a tragic loss to my 12th candle..
Weekend Getaway a light blue colored 3 wick candle with the scent notes of:
- Top Notes: Cool Summer Breeze and Soft Cotton Candy
- Middle Notes: Jasmine and Apple Blossom
- Base Notes: Agave Waters and Sandalwood
I have contacted Goose Creek to see if they can replace this one it smells amazing so I am crossing my fingers that they will replace it… I’ll have to update you once they are able to respond as I received my candles in the mail after their customer service hours so I have to wait for a responding email from them.
Each candle has full bodied scent to them and the burn time on the 3 wick candles is 35+ hours and on the 2 wick candles the burn time is up to 50 hours.
Each candle was packed in crates that, for the most part, protected the candles in shipping (with the caveat of the 1 candle that broke in shipping… I purchased so many that it was bound to happen)
These candles are perfection! They are healthier than the Bath and Body Work candles I use to buy, they are 100% made in the U.S.A. and it’s a small company that I can feel good about supporting.
I truly think I’ve found the candle shop I’ll buy from for years to come.
The Baked Goods:
I made 4 loaves of Puerto Rican Pan Sobao (Puerto Rican Sweet Bread). This is a staple in every Puerto Rican household. It has a crusty exterior and a delectably soft inside that is sweet without being overbearingly sweet. It’s great toasted and slathered in butter with coffee in the morning and makes a great roll to use with lunch meats pressed in a panini press for lunch.
I made homemade English Muffins twice this past 17 days. They are so much better than the store bought ones and super simple to make. The hardest part is waiting 20 hours for them to proof. I love to eat them with tea but I also love to toast them up, slather them in butter and add lunch meat to them for lunch.
I made homemade British Crumpets to try them out and I’ve got to say they are delicious! I smother them with butter and honey and have them with tea in the afternoons.
And lastly I made Yorkshire Pudding twice last week to go with dinner. Traditionally Yorkshire Pudding is served with Roast Beef but I served it with fried chicken and pork chops and they were still extremely tasty. They are crusty on the outside and almost custard like in the middle. I didn’t have Beef drippings so I improvised and used Lard to cook them in and they still came out beefy in flavor.