Hey doll hey!!! How’s your day/night going? Great I hope. I’m having a super high pain day so there wont be a Face of the Day post today. Instead I will be doing episode 2 of my new Pass or Purchase 2021 series. The first episode is titled Pass or Purchase 2011 Episode 1: Makeup Revolution and BH Cosmetics.
I also received my E.L.F. purchase today so I thought I’d do my haul of it today as well.
* All products were purchased by me, links to the products mentions are in purple hyperlinks and are given so you can find the products faster… they are in no way affiliate or influencer links and as always all swatches are done on clean bare skin with no primer and in 1 swipe… the photos on the left or top are without flash and the ones on the right or bottom is with flash*
On to the haul.
This brush is the Domed Stipple Brush (the limited Nabela Noor edition) that I received as a gift with purchase. ELF doe have this same brush as part of their perminate collection but it’s in black not this pretty watermelon pink.
The Domed Stipple Brush retails for $6 and is billed as a brush that distributes product evenly by blurring product into the skin in a stippling process for a soft-focus “selfie ready” effect. Creates a seamless looking finish for foundation, concealer, and any other cream, liquid, or powder products.
My opinion : This brush is great brush for cream or liquid blush application. It has a rounded toe, dense but soft bristles, an oval belly, beveled heel, an elongated, super sturdy brushed metal ferrule and a squat, thick wooden handle.
The Mint Melt Brush Trio $8 for a eye contour, blending, and all-over brush. This set is billed as a limited-edition mint candy colored essential 3-piece eyeshadow brush set, made for effortlessly applying and blending eyeshadows.
My Opinion : all 3 brushes are made of all plastic that do not feel very sturdy. Their $2 brushes feel sturdier than this set.
The eye contour brush has a domed toe, dense and soft bristles, standard heel, plastic beveled ferrule and a short thin plastic handle.
The blending brush has a C shaped toe (similar to their c brush), normal packed bristles, standard heel with a pinched top, plastic beveled ferrule and short thin plastic handle.
The all over brush has a rounded flimsy toe (similar to their standard blender brushes), moderately packed bristles that are soft and wispy, standard heel with a pinched top, a plastic beveled ferrule, and a short plastic handle.
- The next 8 products were purchased as a set … it’s called the All That Glitters Liquid Glitter Eyeshadow Vault $35 for a set of 8- .10 ounce liquid glitters, This vault set came with a limited edition shade called Cranberry Punch and 7 of their stand alone glitters. The stand alone glitters are sold for $5 each for .10 ounce of product (so you save $5 buying the vault).
There are 11 shades of which I now own 7 plus the limited edition shade…
- The Liquid Glitter Eyeshadows are billed as Allure Best of Beauty award-winning with a quick drying, long-lasting, gel-base formula, infused with multi-dimensional glitter and pearls, formulated for comfortable wear and minimal fall out.
Disco Queen has a clear gel base with white and holographic glitter particles.
What I’ve learned from swatching this shade:
The glitter applies sparsely, there are a few chucky glitters in this one. This is more of a topper shade rather than a full on glitter shadow.
Flirty Birdy is a rose gold gel base with uniformed gold glitters. This shade is a dupe for the Stilla shade is Kitten Karma.
What I’ve learned from swatching this shade: This is a beautiful shadow. I already owned it as I purchased the RETO limited edition packaging. I loved it so much that I’m almost out so I’m not mad that it’s in this set. The pictures don’t show it but this shade is opaque.
24K Gold is a yellow gold gel base with medium gold glitters.
What I’ve learned from swatching this shade : I typically don’t go for gold shadows. I just don’t find them to be flattering on me but this shade is so reflective and pretty that I am excited to test it out. It’s opaque but not as fine and smooth as Flirty Birdy is.
Copper Pop is a clear copper gel base with gold and bronze mid sized glitters.
What I’ve learned from swatching this shade: This is a thinner formula than the previously swatched shades. The glitters seam to bunch up into little clusters and it feels a bit more gritty than the other 2 shades. I feel this may be a good topper shade and not an all over shade.
Dirty Martini is a clear blacken olive gel base with large golden glitters.
What I’ve learned from swatching this shade: I really didn’t think I would like this shade. It has larger glitter in it. However. this is a stunning shade. It can be a bit gloppy but I think I can make it work if I apply it with my finger. Even though it’s in a clear olive base it still manages to have great opacity.
Cranberry Punch is a Garnet clear gel base with large gold and micro silver glitters.
What I’ve learned from swatching this shade: 1 swipe is better than swiping from both sides of the doe foot applicator. It is smooth and stunning with just the amount you get from one side but gets chunky if you swipe the second side over it. This one is going to look beautiful for special occasions.
Ocean Eyes is a blackened sapphire clear gel base with silver micro glitters and sporadic blue glitters.
What I’ve learned from swatching this shade: This shade is pretty but this one appears to be difficult to work with. It’s patchy and those blue glitters just make it chunky and un-unified. This one wont work as a topped because the silver glitters are too small to be reflective and the blue glitters are just to chunky.
Black Magic is a clear black gel base with moderate sized silver glitters.
What I’ve learned from swatching this shade: I thought for sure I would hate this shade, I don’t particularly gravitate toward black or silver shadows but this is a stunning date night treat! It could work as a shadow base for a sequin matte or as a topper.
the Monochromatic Multi Stick is billed as a cream-to-powder, wear-everywhere stick that delivers a highly blendable kiss of color for for eyes, lips, and cheeks and comes in 8 shades.
What I’ve learned from swatching this blush: First off it has micro glitters in it… not a fan for this being a blush because of it but it’s a super pretty shade that maybe I’ll use a subtle wash of color on my lips. It has a soft slip to it when you blend it in but I don’t think this would be a good eyeshadow.
The Lash It Loud Mascara is billed as a mega volume mascara that helps your lashes look fuller, bolder and longer than ever.
I did not swatch this one yet because I still have a few mascaras open that I need to get through.
- The next 6 products are all the same item just in different shades.
- Liquid Metal Eyeshadows $5 for .10 ounces of product on their website and at Ulta
- It comes in 8 shades … I already owned 2 shades and now I own every shade they offer.
- The Liquid Metal Eyeshadow is billed as a liquid eyeshadow with high-impact and a metallic finish infused with multi-dimensional metallic pearls that is quick drying and long wearing.
- I already own the shades Big Dipper and Moon so I didn’t really learn anything different from the swatches so there will be no commentary of the swatches.
Little Dipper is a blush pink metallic with very fine micro glitters in silver.
Comet is a rose gold metallic with very fine micro glitters in silver.
Meteor is an antiqued copper with very fine bronze micro glitter
Galaxy is a taupe metallic with very fine holographic micro glitter.
- Side Note: This one’s formula is a tad thinner than the last 3 so it’s not as opaque as the others and will need a second coat.
Aurora is a blackened true green metallic with very fine lime green micro glitters.
- Side Note: This one’s formula is a tad thinner than the first 3 so it’s not as opaque as the others and will need a second coat.
Supernova is a blue tones purple metallic with very fine fuchsia micro glitters.
- Side Note: The above pictures make this shade look as if it weren’t opaque …. that is not that case this one is just as pigmented and opaque as the first 3 shades.
Mint Melt No Budge Eyeshadow Sticks
- There are 3 limited edition shades in this line and they are billed as one-swipe cream eyeshadow stick that delivers minty, matte and metallic colors that are long-wearing and crease resistant.
- I already own several shades of the No Budge Formula so I didn’t really learn anything different from the swatches so I may not have much to add in this post.
The shade is Ice Crème and is a taupe champagne metallic.
- The only thing I can add is that this is a very light shade that probably works best as a highlight or for a subtle wash of color.
This shade is Mint For You and is a pastel mint green matte.
This setting spray is billed as giving your makeup a lasting radiant finish. Instantly achieve a glowy look with the green tea and vitamins A, C, and E infused formula. Enjoy refreshed skin and fade free makeup with every use!
I’ve used the original Mist & Set for years and never knew they had an illuminating spray. I haven’t opened it because I’m still working through some setting sprays.
This setting spray is billed as giving skin a dewy glow that is infused with skin-loving ingredients Coconut, Green Tea, and Cucumber, known to hydrate and condition the skin
Again I have not opened this one because I have other setting sprays open at this time.
This setting spray is billed as a lightweight makeup setting spray for up to 16 hours of wear that is infused with skin-loving ingredients, Cucumber Fruit Extract, Aloe and Green Tea Leaf Extract to help hydrate and soothe the skin and features new micro-fine mister for ultimate coverage and easy application.
It may be some time before I get to this one because I’m pretty set on sprays for a while.
Well that’s it… the whole haul… I hope you enjoy the rest of your day/night and that you are in great spirits and health.
The liquid shadows , mint liners and brush are definitely my favorite 💕
LikeLiked by 1 person
I am obsessed with the liquid metallics
LikeLiked by 1 person
Those liquid shadows are SO pretty!
Katie | katieemmabeauty.com
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thanks I love them so much
I have one of those Multi sticks too, and it was a little diff to how I thought it would be :p I wish they had them in some more nude or neutral shades without all that glitter!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Me too its pretty but I don’t typically reach for shimmer blushes
LikeLiked by 1 person
Yea same as me :p
LikeLiked by 1 person