Hey doll hey! How’s your day/night going? Great I hope. I’m doing pretty darn good. I got to play with my makeup today and I received a few gifts in the mail for my birthday too.
The time has come…. to take a peak at all my gifts……
*As always… All products listed we purchased for me, all links provided are purely for convenience purposes to help you find the product quickly and are in no way affiliate links. The swatches are done on clean bare skin with no primer and are done in 1 swipe and with flash to maximize color payoff *
The first gift I received today was 3 items… the one on the top right I returned, explanation to follow and the one on the bottom right is the replacement item I chose when I returned the other item.
1. KVD Beauty Super Pomade Vegan Eyeliner, Shadow & Brow Pigment ($21 for 0.18 oz 5.10 g of product at Ulta) in the shade Medium Brown (light-medium brown) is billed as a one-pot wonder for waterproof eyeliner, shadow and brows, in 17 long-lasting colors. Super Pomade is the same beloved KVD Beauty Super Brow formula, with more ways to get creative. Experience smooth, creamy color in this 3-in-1 pomade. Whether you’re a gel-pot eyeliner lover, bold eyeshadow enthusiast or brow pomade super-fan, you’ll be obsessed with its endless possibilities.
First Impressions: This is a great pomade. It’s not too creamy (like the ABH Dip Brow) and yet it’s not too dry (like the LA Girl pomade) either. It’s got great pigmentation and is easy to apply.
2. Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Instant Perfector 4-In-1 Glow Makeup ($12.99 for 0.68 fl oz / 20 mL of product at Ulta) in the shade 00 (fair/light) is billed as Maybelline’s 1st 4-in-1 makeup for a perfected glow look that primes, conceals, highlights, and evens skin tone with light coverage that has self-adjusting shades that blend into skin tone. This product comes in 5 shades.
First Impressions: This is a light weight, creamy formula that leaves the skin looking ethereal. This one is a really great dupe for the Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Flawless Filter. It’s not a spot on dupe but it’s damn close.
3. Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder – Light Catcher ($39 for 1 oz / 28.35 g of product at Ulta) in the shade Celestial Light (fair to light skin tones) is billed as the 1st light-creating Setting Powder, with 12 hour pore blurring, skin smoothing, and no photo flashback. This product comes in 3 shades.
First Impressions: HORRIBLE! This isn’t a setting powder it’s a loose highlighter! It’s like I smeared my face all over a disco ball…
4. Benefit Hot For the Holiday’s Set At selective Ulta stores… $30 for the 3 piece set… it’s a $69 value. This set comes with a full sized Hoola Matte Bronzer ($30 for 0.28 oz / 7.94 g of product at Ulta). It comes in 4 tones of it’s award-winning formula and is billed as shades to flatter all complexions, it’s perfect for getting a natural-looking tan all year long. Comes complete with a built-in mirror and powder brush, so you can seamlessly sweep on some sunshine. It also comes with a full sized Roller Lash Curling & Lifting Mascara ($26 for 0.3 oz / 8.5 g of product at Ulta) is billed as an eye-opening Hook ‘n’ Roll brush grabs, separates, lifts and curls…while the instant curve-setting formula holds for 12 hours. The final thing in this set is a mini The POREfessional Pore Minimizing Primer ($13 for 0.25 fl oz / 7.39 mL of product at Ulta) is billed as minimizes the appearance of pores & fine lines for smoother-than-smooth skin.
First Impressions: I don’t really have a first impression because I’ve used all 3 of these products before… I only wanted to add that this is a great deal… $30 for all 3 is like getting the mascara and primer free.
I also had $40 in points available so I purchased a foundation and concealer:
5. Zoeva Authentik Skin Natural Luminous Foundation ($28 for 1.01 fl oz / 30 mL of product at Ulta) in the shade 060N Brave (light skin with neutral slightly yellow undertones) is billed as enriched with the nourishing power of rose hip oil. Buildable, silky smooth, all day long finish. Innovative, lightweight formula designed to maintain the skin’s natural protective barrier, while allowing natural luminosity to shine through.
First Impressions: This foundation has slim picking at the brick and mortar but also has slim pickings online so I am thinking they are fazing this product out, they do however have all the shades on the Zoeva website… This foundation seems hydrating and sets almost all the way down… it does however oxidize so setting it right away might be the best way to go, that or get a shade lighter than you think you’ll need. The second picture is what it looks like once you blend it in with a beauty blender.
6. Zoeva Authentik Skin Perfector Retouch Concealer ($19 for 0.20 fl oz / 5.91 mL of product at Ulta) in the shade 010 Absolute (fair skin with neutral undertone) is billed as a medium, buildable coverage elixir for conquering tired, uneven skin, Its luxuriously creamy, soft texture instantly conceals any imperfections & blurs the appearance of fine lines & wrinkles, while leaving a luminous velvety finish.
First Impressions: Just like the foundation this one also has slim pickings, if you need a fair skin tone checking the Zoeva website may be your best bet. This concealer is high pigment and thick but not so thick that you can’t blend it out. The second picture is after I blended with the beauty blender. It’s hydrating and doesn’t settle into the lines on the back of my hand.
The second gift I received was 3 items from Anastasia Beverly Hills.
1. Anastasia Beverly Hills Loose Setting Powder ($38 for 0.88 oz / 24.95 g of product at Ulta) in the shade Translucent (colorless) is billed as perfect, brighten and set makeup in place with Loose Setting Powder by Anastasia Beverly Hills. This lightweight, superfine powder formula goes on smoothly as it absorbs oil, minimizes shine and leaves you with a flawless matte finish. Available in 4 natural-toned shades and 1 universal translucent shade, this silky formula gives the complexion a seamless, soft-focus effect, blurs the look of imperfections and extends the wear of your makeup.
First Impressions: The powder is silky and has great levitation, meaning it’s perfect for the under eyes. It’s super brightening as well.
2. Anastasia Beverly Hills Magic Touch Concealer ($29 for 0.4 fl oz / 11.93 mL of product at Ulta) in the shade #2 (fair skin with cool undertones) is billed as a lightweight, creamy formula that melts into skin to correct, brighten, blur and conceal while blending to a natural, second-skin finish. Delivers buildable medium to full coverage while light-reflecting ingredients create a soft-focus effect.
First Impressions: This concealer is hydrating and super pigmented… and a very little goes a very long way… refer to picture #2 to see just how far that little dot of concealer went…
3. Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid Glow ($25 for 0.68 fl oz / 20.11 mL of product at Ulta) in the shade Perla (white gold) is billed as a weightless liquid highlighter that offers an intense glow with metallic and luster finishes. This item comes in 4 shades.
First Impressions: This liquid highlighter is STUNNING! and it dries all the way down so there is not slip or patchiness.
And just like that this haul is over.
I hope you enjoy the rest of your day/nigh 🌞🌜 and that you are in great spirits and health 😄🩺.
👄Remember, Save a spoon for a bit of lipstick👄.
I now see what you meant about the Laura Mercier highlighter . It reminds me of the old shimmer body highlighters in the early 2000’s . It might be good for going to clubs j/k Also I love the ABH concealer ! A lot really does go a long way !
LikeLiked by 1 person
It comes off beautiful in pictures but I was a hot mess the whole day and I had to go out of the house like that… It’s not as bad as the bareMinerals one is but it’s a close second.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Hahah I think I may have had the bare minerals or like a dupe of that highlighter ! It really was like everywhere! Like powder confetti 🎉
yuck it’s not a good look on anyone … what are they thinking?
LikeLiked by 2 people