Hey doll hey! How’s your day/night going? Great I hope. I’m doing pretty well. It’s frosty here in Florida and my Rheumatoid Arthritis is acting up, my hands are particularly painful at the moment, but it’s Saturday and that means it’s time to put my Tiny Decisions app to work at picking out the next week’s makeup….
There was 1 item I had to veto and 1 item that I had to switch categories for. More on that later. Also, I have shortened this week’s makeup days to 5… I didn’t want to leave myself at the mercy of the Tiny Decisions app for Christmas day, since we are having supper at hubby’s boss’s house. I needed to make sure I had access to top tier makeup for a special day. This will happen from time to time… for times like: birthdays, anniversaries and special holidays… Other than that I will remain true to the selections the app choices for me.
I typically declutter 3 times a year, ever 4 months starting in January, however, since I wasn’t able to do my makeup much of the tail end of this year I decided to incorporate decluttering into my weekly shop my stash series. This way, if something in the week doesn’t wow me, work properly, smells bad, or otherwise isn’t working out I can remove it from my collection straight away and that makes room for future purchases.
I will hold onto all the decluttered makeup and do a declutter review the first of the following month.
I also would like to restart my empties series, however I will do this series every 4 months in place of my original declutter series… this way I have plenty of material to work with instead of firing off a post that only has 3 or 4 items.
Ok enough of future posts… Let’s talk stash shopping….
*remember as always, all hyperlinks provided are simply for fast location of the products used and not affiliate links… I just did the research so you didn’t have to. The hyperlinks will be in bold print*
Non Makeup Items:
1. Versace Red Jeans Perfume ($18.59 for 2.5 fl oz 73.9 ml of product on the Fregrance.Net website). It’s a powdery sweet floral from 1995 that is great whenever you want to feel super feminine. This is not the scent for a trip to the doctor’s, the office or the library … It has a strong scent… however with that said it does fade… the best way to wear this one is to layer it over your clothes and at the base of your head where the baby hairs are… it will last much longer that way.
The scent notes for this perfume are: At the top: Peach, Black Currant, Apricot and Freesia. In the middle: Ylang Ylang, Water Lily, Rose, Violet and Lily-of-the-Valley. Rounding out the bottom with: Sandalwood, Musk and Vanilla.
2. OPI Nail Polish ($11.49 for 0.50 fl oz / 15 ml of product on their website) in the shade Suzi is my Avatar (coral pink – créme). This is one of my favorite coral shades ever.
1. AOA Wonder Skin Illuminating Primer ($1 for 0.67 fl oz / 19.81 ml of product on the Shop Miss A website).
2. Makeup Revolution Glow Beam Light Strobe Cream ($7 for 1.01 fl oz / 30 ml of product on their website) in the shade Peach.
I have yet to try this product out… I will be testing it this week to see how I like it….
* Possible declutter item… I originally purchased it to see if it was anything like the MAC strobe cream… it doesn’t feel like it will be good for foundation… we shall see… for now it’s on the chopping block. *
1. Makeup Revolution Superdewy Tinted Moisturizer ($12 for 1.85 fl oz / 55 ml of product at Ulta) in the shade Medium Light (light/medium skin tones / yellow undertone).
2. Urban Decay Hydromaniac Glowy Tinted Hydrator Foundation ($29 for 1.1 fl oz / 35 ml of product at Sephora and Ulta) in the shade #20 Fair Neutral.
Morphe Filter Effect Soft-Focus Foundation ($20 for 0.94 fl oz / 27.80 ml of product at Ulta) in the shade Filter Light 2 (fair with neutral peach undertones).
Concealers and Color Corrector:
1. Catrice True Skin High Coverage Concealer ($7 for 1.13 oz / 32.03 g of product on their website) in the shade #002 Neutral Ivory.
2. Cover Fx Power Play Concealer ($30 for 0.33 fl oz / 10 ml of product on their website) in the shade N Fair 2 (porcelain to light skin with neutral undertones).
3. Huda Beauty #FauxFilter Luminous Matte Buildable Coverage Crease Proof Concealer ($29 for 0.30 fl oz / 9 ml of product at Sephora) in the shade Royal Icing 1.1 Neutral (fair skin tones with neutral undertones).
* I only just purchased this concealer so I want to test it out to see how well it works… the review and my final grade will be given the first week in January. *
4. Wet n Wild MegaCushion Highlight ($5.99 for 0.24 oz / 6.8 g of product on their website) in the shade Who’s That Pearl (bright peach).
Bronzers and Contour:
Milk Makeup Matte Cream Bronzer Stick ($22 for 0.19 oz / 5.7 g of product at Sephora) in the shade Blaze (deep brown)
* Upon taking the swatch photo for this product I noticed that it had dried out, was very difficult to swatch, was uncomfortably tacky and had a playdough like scent…. I immediately declutter this one and jumped on line to repurchase as I do enjoy this product… mine was just past its prime. I have replaced it
1. Huda Beauty Tantour Contour & Bronzer Cream ($30 for 0.52 oz / 12 g of product at Sephora) in the shade Light (light to medium with cool undertones).
* I originally had this in my contour category, the Tiny Decisions app chose it as my contour for this week, however it truly isn’t the ideal shade (for my liking) for contour…. since I decluttered the Milk bronzer, I chose to switch its category to bronzer… and opted to make it this week’s cream bronzer selection.
2. Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Contour Wand ($40 for 0.40 fl oz / 12 ml of product at Sephora) in the shade Medium/Dark.
I used the Tiny Decisions app to pick a new contour… this was the one it chose.
3. Maybelline City Bronzer ($10.99 for 0.24 oz / 6.80 g of product at Ulta) in the shade Deep 300
1. Anastasia Beverly Hill Stick Cream Blush ($32 for 0.28 oz / 8.0 g of product at Sephora and Ulta) in the shade Peachy Keen (soft peach).
2. Charlotte Tilbury Lip & Cheek Glow ($40 for 0.28 oz / 7.94 g of product on their website) in the shade Pillow Talk (warm rosebud pink).
3. BH Cosmetics Blushing in Bali Face Palette (discontinued) in the shade Pomegranate (deep plumy pink – satin).
4. Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush ($43 for 0.15 oz/ 4.25 g of product at Sephora) in the shade Diffused Heat (vibrant poppy blush combined with Diffused Light).
1. Benefit Eye Beam Gel Highlighter For Eyes & Face ($24 for 0.34 US fl oz / 10 mL of product at Ulta).
This, again, is another product that I’ve yet to test out… I’ll be testing it out this week to see if it will stay or go.
* Possible declutter item… it seems pretty in the swatch, however it is super pigmented and is a bit slippery… I’m concerned it may disrupt the product beneath it. I will test it out a bit and see if it will stay part of my collection.
2. Makeup Revolution Highlight Reloaded ($7 for 0.35 oz / 9.9 g of product at Ulta) in the shade Dare to Divulge (rose gold).
1. BECCA Under Eye Brightening Powder (discontinued).
* This loose powder is my under eye setting powder this week *
2. Anastasia Beverly Hills Loose Setting Powder ($38 for 0.9 oz/ 25 g of product at Sephora) in the shade Translucent.
* This will be my setting powder for my face this week.
3. Catrice Cosmetics Prime And Fine Waterproof Luminizing Powder (discontinued)
* This powder will be my touch up powder for the week.*
Brows and Lashes:
1. MIlani Weekend Brow Pen ($9.99 for 0.03 fl oz / 0.89 ml of product at Ulta) in the shade Espresso.
2. E.L.F. Ultra Precise Brow Pencil ($6 for 0.002 oz / 0.06 g of product at Ulta) in the shade deep brown.
3. L.A. Girl Brow Pomade ($5.99 for 0.27 oz / 7.65 g of product at Ulta) in the shade dark brown.
4. Benefit Roller Lash Curling & Lifting Mascara ($27 for the 0.3 oz / 8.5 g size and $14 for the 0.14 oz / 3.97 g size).
ColourPop It’s a Mood 30 Pan Palette ($34 for 1.16 oz / 33 g of total product on their website making it 0.039 oz / 1.1 g and $1.13 per pan).
The shades from left to right and top picture to bottom picture are: love song (pale gold – metallic), bonafide (neutral ivory – matte), stay close (peach – matte), nightcall (lavender – matte), you & i (neutral nude – matte), surrender (vivid gold – metallic), dream on (true amber – metallic), reunion (icy tangerine – metallic), crave u (muted orange – matte), thunder (plum with a teal flip – duo chrome metallic), feels like (deep aqua with a gold sheen – metallic), ritual* (antique gold – glitter), midnight run (warm brown – matte), everywhere (pinky orange – matte), full circle (copper – metallic), echoes (plum – matte), don’t deny (deep teal – matte), oblivion (olive – matte), wanna go (khaki – metallic), stormy* (burgundy – glitter), it’s a rush (pumpkin – matte), moves (plum – metallic), for a nite (navy – metallic), surface (olive with a gold shift – metallic), our deal (rich chocolate – matte), fascination* (maroon – matte), new moon* (deep pumpkin with gold and burgundy pinpoints – glitter), had to be (blackened plum – matte), self control (navy with blue pinpoints – sequin matte) and mystified ( deep emerald – matte).
Limoncello 12 pan palette ($18 for 0.42 oz / 12 g on their website making it 0.035 oz/ 1 g and $1.29 per pan).
The shades from left to right are: tuscan fun: matte mid-tone brown, fly girl: metallic tangerine, easy peasy: metallic dirty olive, limone squeezy: matte warm ginger, touring: warm metallic champagne, amalfi: matte canary yellow, serenade: pale metallic, lemon capri: metallic deep lime, the grotto: matte deep terracotta, semifreddo: matte neutral suede, vespa: rich matte charcoal brown and la festa: matte dusty denim.
Juvia’s Place The Festival 9 Pan Palette ($20 for 1.14 oz / 32.4 g of total product on their website making it 0.13 oz / 3.6 g and $2.22 per pan).
The shades from left to right are: Izafa (bright red – matte), Uli (icy white – shimmer), Ofala (fiery orange – matte), Mmanwu (coraly peach – matte), Iri ji (fuchsia – matte), Oro (honey yellow – matte), Keleke (deep dark charcoal – shimmer), Aba (ocean blue – metallic) and Odogwu (sepia with a gold flip – metallic).
Empowered Eyeshadow Palette ($67 for 0.59 oz / 16.8 g of total product making it $3.72 and 0.033 oz / 0.93 g of product per pan).
* I only just purchased this palette so I want to test it out to see how well it works… the review and my final grade will be given the first week in January. *
The shades from left to right are: Purpose (black gel liner/shadow hybrid), Courageous (deep reddish plum on a brown/maroon base – multichrome metallic), Limitless (medium gold with a coppery flip – crushed flake metallic), Confident (mixed toned red based brown – matte), Charisma (deep mid toned warm gold – wet metallic), Keep Going (mid toned peach based brown – matte), Big Dreams (deep taupe – matte * described as a purply grey), Manifest It (mid toned deep copper – gloss/metallic hybrid), Bold Moves (gold with a silver flip – metallic * described as white gold and true gold metallic speckles), Do It (rich deep copper – metallic), Power (pale yellow based peach – matte), Get It (warm mid toned orange – matte), Worthy (Deep purple based brown – gel liner/shadow hybrid), Rebel (light nude coral – matte) Winner (mid toned purple based grey with a slight taupe undertone – matte), Visionary (deep rose gold based copper and metallic – marbled metallic), Best Self (mid toned peach based orange – matte) and Legacy (rich terracotta based mid toned brown – matte).
And with that this post is done dolls. Thanks for popping by… I hope you enjoy the rest of your day/night and that you are in great spirits and health.
Save a spoon for a bit of lipstick.