Another Saturday… another new stash of makeup to play with!
As always, all makeup selections for this week have been randomly selected via the tiny decisions app. This is the reason my makeup collection has numbered stickers on them… it makes it easier to catalog my collection.
Before we jump in I wanted to share a picture of the painting I finally hung, in my makeup room on the wall near my reading nook…
There are a few more I want to hang in this room, I just got tired of seeing the empty space on the wall so this was the first one I hung.
Let’s talk stash shopping….
*remember as always, all hyperlinks provided are simply for fast location of the products used and not affiliate links… I just did the research so you didn’t have to. The hyperlinks will be in bold print*
Non Makeup Items:
1. Zoya Nail Lacquer ($12 for 0.5 fl oz / 14.79 ml of product at Ulta) in the shade Monroe (deep rosy pink cream).
2. Versace Yellow Diamond Eau de Toilette ($65 for the 1 fl oz / 30 ml size. $85 for the 1.7 fl oz / 50.28 ml size. $105 for the 3 fl oz / 88.72 ml size. Sold at Ulta).
Yellow Diamond is a woody floral that is slightly sweet. The size I have is a small sample that I got in my November snarls box.
The scent notes are:
TOP: Diamante Citron (Italian Lemon), Bergamot, Neroli and Pear Sorbet.
MIDDLE: Orange Blossom, Freesia, Mimosa and Nymphaea (Water Lily).
BASE: Amber Wood, Palo Santo (a tree from Ecuador), Guaiac Wood and Musk
This is a scent that has just enough spiciness to it so that it feels exotic but not so much that you can’t wear it for every occasion. This one is Doctor Office, Library and Office friendly.
1. Beauty Creations Color Base Primer ($4 for 0.5 fl oz / 15 ml of product on their website) in the shade White Out.
2. ColourPop Pretty Fresh Hydrating Hyaluronic Acid Primer ($12 for 1 fl oz / 30 ml of product on their website and at Ulta).
3. Catrice Prime and Fine Poreless Blur Primer has been reformulated (it now has Niacinamide in it) and the name has been changed to The Perfector Poreless Blur Primer ($8 for 1 fl oz / 30 ml of product on their website).
1. Wander Beauty Nude Illusion Liquid Foundation ($40 for 1 fl oz / 30 ml of product on their website) in the shade Fair (porcelain with neutral warm undertones).
2. Milani Glow Hydrating Skin Tint ($12.99 for 1 fl oz / 30 ml of product at Ulta) in the shade #110 (fair to light). This foundation comes in 6 shades, 2 shades light, 2 shade medium and 2 shades deep.
* I know I had this one in my stash selections a few weeks ago, however, I wasn’t able to use it so I decided to put it back in rotation and it was chosen for this week *
3. Huda Beauty #FauxFilter Luminous Matte Foundation ($42 for 1.18 fl oz / 35 ml of product on their website and at Sephora) in the shade #200B Shortbread (light with beigey-pink undertone). This foundation comes in 40 shades with plenty variation across the board.
Corrector and Concealers:
1. Pixi By Petra Correction Concentrate ($12 for 0.10 oz / 2.83 g of product at Target and most drug stores) in the shade Brightening Peach.
2. Beauty Bakerie Instabake 3 in 1 Concealer ($20 for 0.19 fl oz / 5.62 ml of product on their website and at Ulta) in the shade #017 Frappe Hour (2nd lightest shade). This concealer comes in 18 shades with plenty of variation.
3. Becca Aqua Luminous Perfecting Concealer (discontinued due to the brand being defunct) in the shade Porcelain.
Contour and Bronzers:
1. Juvia’s Place I Am Magic Concealer ($14 for the 0.34 fl oz / 10.05 ml size and $10 for the 0.11 fl oz / 3.25 ml size at Ulta) in the shade #2 (for deepest dark skin w/ neutral warm undertone). This concealer comes in 24 shades with plenty of range to go around.
2. Makeup Revolution Ultra Cream Bronzer ($8 for 0.24 oz / 6.8 g of product at Ulta) in the shade Deep (the deepest shade). This bronzer only comes in 4 shades and the deepest just isn’t enough for deeper skin tones.
3. BECCA Sunlit Bronzer (no longer available due to company closing down) in the shade Ipanema Sun.
1. NYX Sweet Cheeks Soft Cheek Tint Blush ($9.50 for 0.40 fl oz / 12 ml of product at Ulta) in the shade baby doll (blue toned pink). This blush comes in 6 shades.
2. Nudestix Nudies Bloom ($34 for 0.25 oz / 7.08 g of product on their website and at Ulta) in the shade Poppy Girl (vivid glowing coral). This stick blush comes in 8 shades.
3. Rare Beauty by Selena Gomez Soft Pinch Liquid Blush ($23 for 0.25 fl oz / 7.5 ml of product on their website and at Sephora) in the shade Happy (cool pink). This liquid blush comes in 7 shades.
4. Makeup Revolution Blusher Reloaded ($7 for 0.26 oz / 7.5 g of product on their website and at Ulta) in the shade Peach Bliss (light true peach). This blush comes in 3 shades at Ulta and several shades on their website.
5. Becca Mineral Blush (discontinued because the company closed) in the shade Songbird (warm toned coral – satin).
1. Charlotte Tilbury Beauty Highlighter Wand ($40 for 0.41 fl oz / 12 ml of product on their website and at Sephora) in the shade Goldgasm (golden highlight). This product comes in 6 shades.
* This highlighter is on the chopping block because it’s deeper than I like for highlight and I can’t remember if I even like this shade *
2. Flower Beauty Spotlight Liquid Highlight ($14.49 for 0.47 fl oz / 14 ml of product at Ulta and at most walmarts) in the shade Gleam (rose gold). This cream highlight comes in 3 shades)
3. Jouer Powder Highlighter ($25 for 0.16 oz / 4.5 g of product at Sephora) in the shade Citrine (gold). This highlight has 2 shades available at Sephora.
4. Alamar Encanto Sun Soaked Highlighter ($21 for 0.18 oz / 5.2 g of product on their website) in the shade Flex Alert (peach with a gold duochrome shift).
1. RCMA No Color Powder (14 for 3 oz / 85.4 g of product sold several places I purchase it on the Beautylish website). This is my under eye setting powder.
2. Uoma Beauty Trippin Smooth Powder ($29.50 for 0.35 oz / 10 g of product on their website). This is my face setting powder.
* I have tested this one as an under eye setting powder now I’m testing to see how it gets on as my face setting powder *
3. Benefit Cosmetics Hello Happy Velvet Powder Foundation ($30 for 0.25 oz / 7.08 g of product at Ulta) in the shade #4 (medium neutral).
* This pressed powder is on the chopping block because it’s a bit too dark for my skin tone and I don’t really use powered foundations but am keen to try it as a foundation at some point. *
Brows and Lashes:
1. NYX Lift & Snatch Brow Tint Pen Waterproof Eyebrow Pen ($12 for 0.35 fl oz / 10.35 ml of product at Ulta) in the shade espresso. This pen comes in 10 shades.
2. Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Brow MVP Ultra Fine Brow Pencil & Styler ($22 for 0.0004 oz / 0.07 g of product at Ulta and Sephora) in the shade Black Brown (for dark brown to black hair, neutral undertone). This pencil come sin 14 shades.
3. Anastasia Beverly HIlls DIPBROW® Waterproof, Smudge Proof Brow Pomade ($21 for 0.14 oz / 4 g of product on their website as well as at Sephora and Ulta) in the shade Ebony. This product comes in 11 shades.
4. Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Full Frontal Volume, Lift & Curl Mascara (24 for the 0.42 fl oz / 12.5 ml size and $13 for the 0.15 foz / 4.7 go size on their website and at Sephora and Ulta) in the shade Cuz I’m Black (true black).
1. Juvia’s Place The Berries 6 Pan Palette (retail price $14 for 0.47 oz/ 13.2 g of product on their website making it 0.078 oz /2.2 g and $2.33 per pan on their website).
There are no names for the shade but the shades from left to right and up and down are: deep berry – matte, mid tone rose pink – matte, deep berry with a pink duo chrome, cranberry with a gold flip – metallic, deep pink – matte and deep plum – matte.
2. Huda Beauty The New Nude Eyeshadow Palette ($65 for 19.7 G / 0.69 OZ total product making it $3.72 and 1.09 g / 0.038 oz per pan at Sephora).
The shades from left to right are: Bare (light vanilla – matte), Crave (red base gold with pink reflect – metallic), Play (dusty peach – matte), Fantasy (rose gold with a hint of plum – duo chrome), Love Bite (dusty plum – matte), Spanked (dusty berry – matte), Lace (pale lavender – matte), Daydream (icy rose – duo chrome), Tickle (coral pink – matte), Excite (deep red – glitter), Infatuated (copper and pink glitter), Kinky (deep berry – duo chrome with an orange flip), Concealed (light concealer base), Secret (dirty pink – matte), Tease (deep mauve – matte), Raw (red based brown – matte), Charmed (brown with red flip – duo chrome) and Teddy (dusty reddish brown – matte).
3. Smoke & Roses 30 Pan Palette ($34 for 1.16 oz / 33g of product making it 0.039 oz / 1.1 g and $1.13 per pan on their website).
The shade from left to right and top picture to bottom picture are: thorn apart: metallic warm ivory, attraction: matte peachy ivory, every rose: metallic cool peachy pink, faithfully: metallic icy pink, 1 luv: metallic soft taupe, like heaven: matte pale taupe, kickstart: matte neutral pinky nude, on call: metallic pale peach with pink pinpoints, say it’s true: matte soft pink, alone: matte cool pink, best shot: matte mauve, foolin‘: metallic pinky taupe, love hurts: metallic pinky gold, part time: matte mid-tone warm pink, romance: metallic peachy pink with gold pinpoints, on the edge: metallic cool-toned pink with silver and blue pinpoints, heartbreaker: metallic icy lavender, wild side: matte warm mauve, look at me: matte warm mid-tone pink, speechless: metallic pinky bronze with silver, pretender: matte warm rose, angel eyes: matte cool pink, is this love: metallic deep plum with silver pinpoints, metalhead: metallic gunmetal with silver and pink pinpoints, twin flame: matte warm brown, spun around: matte red deep brown, this guy: matte maroon, whisper: matte charcoal, tonite: matte deep plum and smoked out: matte blackened charcoal.
4. Huda Empowered Eyeshadow Palette ($67 for 0.59 oz / 16.8 g of total product making it $3.72 and 0.033 oz / 0.93 g of product per pan).
* I hauled this palette sometime this past week, however I was only able to test out 2 shades… I’ve included this as my honorable mention for the week so that I can test out the other shades. I will review this one with the other items I purchased sometime in January. *
The shades from left to right are: Purpose (black gel liner/shadow hybrid), Courageous (deep reddish plum on a brown/maroon base – multichrome metallic), Limitless (medium gold with a coppery flip – crushed flake metallic), Confident (mixed toned red based brown – matte), Charisma (deep mid toned warm gold – wet metallic), Keep Going (mid toned peach based brown – matte), Big Dreams (deep taupe – matte * described as a purply grey), Manifest It (mid toned deep copper – gloss/metallic hybrid), Bold Moves (gold with a silver flip – metallic * described as white gold and true gold metallic speckles), Do It (rich deep copper – metallic), Power (pale yellow based peach – matte), Get It (warm mid toned orange – matte), Worthy (Deep purple based brown – gel liner/shadow hybrid), Rebel (light nude coral – matte) Winner (mid toned purple based grey with a slight taupe undertone – matte), Visionary (deep rose gold based copper and metallic – marbled metallic), Best Self (mid toned peach based orange – matte) and Legacy (rich terracotta based mid toned brown – matte).
1. ColourPop Super Shock Shadow ($7 for 0.074 oz / 2.1 g of product on their website) in the shade Sweet Tea (warm baby pink with silver, gold, and pink pinpoints).
2. ColourPop Super Shock Shadow ($7 for 0.074 oz / 2.1 g of product on their website) in the shade On Set (metallic ocean with gold flecks).
3. Colourpop Super Shock Shadow ($7 for 0.074 oz / 2.1 g of product on their website) in the shade entranced (warm mid tone gold), this shade discontinued was limited edition… The closest color to this one is peeps yellow).
Well dolls… that’s the end of this post… I hope that you enjoy the rest of your day/night and that you are in great spirits and health.
Happy New Year… I hope that 2023 brings light, love and surprises that take your breath away.
Save a spoon for a bit of lipstick.